Let's just say hair, makeup and fashion are not my forte. It would be awesome if it was, but it's not. I literally just fail at anything remotely cool along those lines. I really like trying new ideas and stuff, but let's face it... I can't figure out how to do it perfectly. Ever.
Even though personal appearance is great, I'm very encouraged that it isn't all that matters. (I would probably be sunk;) Shallow people strive to impress on the outside. Looking perfectly, acting perfectly, etc. But those with true quality will be impacted by more then what you look like.. they will remember your character. An encouraging word can make a persons day. Just a small act of kindness can speak volumes. And when it's all said and done, that's what people remember! Sometimes a thoughtful deed that you did for someone else could stick with them for the rest of their life.
As people growing up in this sort of twisted generation, it's quite difficult to live focused on what's inside, instead of outside. We have to make it a priority to live in such a way. When we live lives based on true character, and not solely on appearance, we shine as lights in the world for all to see.
"...that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.." - Philippians 2:15
Now I leave you with one question...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]