Saturday, February 14, 2015

the journey's end

Sometimes I think that God is a gate to pass through to get to what I want. I think, "If only I'm content enough, if only I trust God enough, if I just surrender and wait, then I'll get it."
We're fed the message that if we only press into God enough, He will fulfill our desires and meet our needs. Of course, that is quite correct! Our Heavenly Father loves giving good gifts to His children. But too many times I think I, we, use God. We use Him as a checkpoint to get someplace. "Okay, I did the God part. Now I'll receive what I wanted." Merry Christmas to me. Lately, I've felt God telling me something a little different. I've heard Him saying,

I am the prize.
I am the goal. 
I am the victory. 
I am the purpose.
I am the trophy. 
I am the encore.
I am the destination.


What a remarkable thing it would be if we treated Christ like that. Like Who and What he is. What if we wanted Him, just for Him? No strings attached. No job offer, promotion, try out, career, man, woman, success or wealth. God is beautiful. He is perfection. He is it. How silly of me to try to force him into a mold, or my "game plan for success". 

My son, my daughter, I am the destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]