Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to give you a hope and a future."
I love this verse. It tells me that I don't need to have a single fear about what is going to happen next in my life, because He's got it.
Some interesting thoughts popped into my head as I was reflecting on this passage. A lot of people think that they can sit back and relax because they have a perfect future ahead of them with no problems, issues or worries. But God did not say that anywhere in this verse! We all think, "How can I get this life that God has in store for me?" The only way that we can truly have the perfect life He desires for us is by trusting him with every decision we make of our whole entire lives. The big ones and the small ones. We can't sit back and chill and expect God to drop an amazing life right in our laps! Every choice builds on each other. The small ones affect the larger ones. He's asking us to trust him with what lies ahead... and ultimately give us His amazing plan beyond what we could have imagined.
So as the days go by, I'm trying to surrender every decision to Him. Then someday I can look back and realize my life is just the way God planned it. If every step along the way is in His will, the in the end we will have achieved His wonderful plan for our lives. That's something to think about.

How I needed to hear those words!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad, Anna! After all, that's sort of the point of this blog :)
ReplyDelete