Sunday, June 9, 2013

Headed to Camp :)

Five months ago I got my postcard from camp telling me which weeks I'd be serving there this summer. 

And now it's already here! What?! In two days I leave for my summer adventure- aka 3 weeks at Barakel. :) I'm crew leading (being in charge of the other kitchen techs) for 3 weeks, then I'm going back in August for week 10! It's essentially a giant cleaning/party time. It's great.
So aside from all that, I'm really eager to see what God has in store for me while I'm away these 21 days. It's going to be a big change for me. I've never been away by myself for longer than a week, so this should be exciting! Plus I'm doing what I love; serving with my friends at an amazing place. I'll be technology free the whole time. Boom baby. Refreshing. So if I don't reply to emails, texts, phone calls, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. I'm not dead, probably just paddle boating or taking a walk through the woods :] If you think of it, I would love your prayers! Also that I would be a good (gracious) leader, and that I would grow deeply in my walk with the Lord. Overall just increase my passion for living for Jesus! Barakel certainly sets you up for a great experience. 
Well, I love you all. See you next month!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]