I'm home.
I back in my house, with my food, my bed, and my room. It feels amazing!
But this feeling doesn't even compare to how much fun I had at camp. It. was. incredible. There is no other way to put it! From June 11th- July 1, my everyday schedule consisted of prep for 3 meals a day, cleanup, and all kinds of other jobs and cleaning. You might think that working quite hard for 3 weeks straight with out getting paid is a waste of time. But let me tell you, it was exactly the opposite. I went to camp to give to them, and in the long run, it's as if the people there gave to ME. I learned what it means to work for God alone, not for the applause of man. I learned how to have patience with people who are not so easy to be patient with! I learned how to step out of my comfort zone. I led devotions for our techs one morning, and that was definitely something I wouldn't have jumped on before. I was a crew leader, so I learned how to train and teach 3-4 girls every week in the kitchen. At times it was a breeze, and other times I felt like a dictator. But the Lord never ceased to give me grace and strength when I needed it! Isn't it awesome how God works like that? And most importantly I learned more about my King. I learned more about who He is, how He wants me to treat others, and how living for Him is the only thing that will ever matter on this earth.
And when I look back on all of that- giving away 3 weeks of my summer wasn't actually given away- they were invested! Time that I could have been using for myself was turned around and turned into time serving God. In addition to all of that, I've made friends that will last for a lifetime. Our tech and engineer counselors were truly amazing! They never stopped pouring into me, or working alongside me. We memorized 1 John 4 together, we mopped together, and we prayed together. My fellow high school staff were so cool. I think it's so neat when that many kids are there for one purpose: to serve. Not to camp and have free time all day, put to invest their time for a great cause! I miss everyone so much already. It's kind of a nice feeling to know that you'll be missed, ya know? It's a great feeling to know that you have made a difference, even if it's in a small way. It's nice to know that what you did made an impact, because they notice when you're not there.
I went to camp hoping to bless others. And I believe that through Christ that was acheieved! And in turn they blessed me... the start to my summer could not have been better! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]