Monday, August 5, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?

Do you ever feel like our human race thinks they're a lot more invincible than they actually are?

One of my all-time favorite speakers is Louie Giglio- he's amazing. He a man full of passion and fire for God, and also astronomy and how God created the universe and stars. I watched his video called Indescribable and it absolutely blew me away. From space, just in OUR galaxy (one of millions), you can't EVEN SEE our solar system. Yep. Can't. Even. See. It. We are in one galaxy, out of millions, and from space you couldn't even use a sharpie marker to mark how tiny earth is. Talk about making us feel tiny. The fact is people, we're a whole heck of a lot smaller than we think we are. And guess what happens when we become smaller? Our Creator becomes bigger. God breathed out stars. Not twinkle twinkle little star; no, I know what you are, you are giant burning balls of blazing fire, millions of light years away. That's no twinkle-twinkle if you ask me.
And I just can't comprehend that I know (let alone have a personal relationship!!!) the designer of the Milky Way galaxy, Neptune, and crab nebulas. For me, seeing pictures of this stuff and hearing numbers and distances- that just screams, "what a might God we serve!". Seriously, it's SO cool.
And it's not just the creation... how much more indescribable is the God who breathed it out of his mouth?!?
See that tiny white speck? Yeah that's EARTH.
Still feeling pretty big? Yeah, uh, not so much.




For me, the psalmist David hits the nail on the head when he wrote Psalm 8, "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?



Hmm, a little more ferocious than we thought.



We truly serve an indescribable God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]