I'm sure you do, so here it goes.
On Friday morning, Jack and I left for HPA around 8:34am. Plenty of time to get there by 9. Well, when I started the car- much to my chagrin- I saw the empty fuel light on. Fabulous. We have no gas. So plan B gets rolling. I turn left, instead of right, out of our neighborhood to go to the gas station. I run inside and throw $8 at the cashier (that's all I had with me, haha) and run back out to the car. Of course, the suburban wasn't pulled up far enough to reach the pump. I jump into the driver's seat and pull it up farther. After that exciting gas station experience, we cruise on towards the church where we practice. No further problems, until we are about 30 seconds away. Here's the deal: the church is in basically the exact center of a grid of like 9 streets, criss crossing both ways. Great, right. After a couple wrong turns, there is the church. Whew. So there's part one- nothing too awful right. HAHA just wait for part 2.
And here is part 2. So I'm done with rehearsal, and I'm heading home by myself since Jack left for soccer. I just have to follow two easy steps: right on MLK, right on Saginaw. Easy enough right? Wrong. I can't find Saginaw. I'm expecting it two be a few blocks up. And I CAN'T find it. I start stressing and need to turn around because I know I must have passed it. Slight problem- its only one-ways. Fantastic. To make matters worse, just about every upcoming street is "no turns". I literally can't turn around. Oh, and I'm also just about on empty gas. Yeeaahhh buddy. There's no where to pull off, besides sketchy looking side streets. So that's a no. I've passed the Capitol Loop, and gone quite a long ways. I'm so lost. I decide to call my mom and ask her where the heck Saginaw is. And man, I'm stressing. I'm so directionally challenged that this was quite scary. As the phone is ringing, BAM. When I'm just about to have an anxiety attack, there. is. Saginaw. In all its glory. Sound the hallelujah chorus. My exact words were "thank you, Jesus." I was so thankful, and relieved, and happy. When I finally reach Frandor, I was so relieved. I even stopped at Biggby to reward myself for surviving.
And there you have it. My exciting, thrilling, (and maybe slightly embellished?) narration of my Friday navigation adventures. :]

oh mah word!! sound the hallelujah chorus XD hahahah! this is amazing :D i love you girl!!!!
ReplyDelete