I just am. (You probably already noticed :). There's no way around it. I try to stifle it at times, hold my mouth closed, chew gum.... the whole 9 yards. It's basically impossible for me to not have an opinion, much less withhold myself from sharing it with the world. I have opinions in all ranges, from harmless to sticky. From the ESPN Woman's broadcastor (woman announcers bother me) to dicier subjects like homosexuality and predestination. Do you ever wish you could have an unpopular opinion without getting smacked in the face?I do. Quite frequently, actually. There are a lot of things in this world that I don't agree with. Probably because we live in a fallen world. (go figure, haha) But really. A lot of things make me mad, sad, dissapointed, or all of the above. I just imagine what God must be thinking... I know He is broken by the sin in this world.
I am fairly sure that this isn't the time for me to rant all of my thoughts in novel form. But sometimes I just wish that my thoughts, fellow Christian's thoughts, didn't have to be so obnoxiously "politically" correct. Oh my LANDS does it bug me. I'm growing up in a culture that can't offend anyone. I can't say certain things to public social media because that could "offend minorities". WHAT THE HECK. I didn't know that talking about my Savior, or my point of view on a topic, had to be such an turn-off for some people! It makes me sad. And mad. It reminds me of this whole Michael Sam gay issue. I personally would not like to sit here and talk about that issue or judge him, because that is not my place. It's God's. I just find it odd that the media is literally devouring his story. Whether they say it or not, they're thrilled that the next juicy detailed story is out to blow up the newspapers, magazines, twitter feeds, and TV headlines with. They could drag this out for months. Oh wait, they already have. It breaks my heart that someone vocal about following Jesus, like Tim Tebow for example, gets told to "shut up" and "keep your Jesus stuff to yourself". Then a guy announces that he's gay in the NFL and the whole world jumps on the bandwagon like its the last one leaving the zombie apocalypse. That probably made no sense. It seemed better in my mind. Nevermind. Haha. I guess all of this is to say... I wish our world wasn't so concerned about being politically correct, or so concerned about stepping on toes or offended people. Sure, those are considerate things. To me, it doesn't seem like they're really worried about the people. It seems like they're more worried about themselves and their reputation. But they've taken it WAY past the line. Way, way, way too far. And maybe you're reading this thinking, "Wowwww. That is one illogical, and opinionated 17 year old." You may have a point. ;) My thoughts or "arguments" certainly are not completely fool-proof or unbiased by ANY stretch of the imagination.
Just some thoughts on the mind... Hopefully I stirred some thoughts in your mind, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]