Monday, May 12, 2014

grace.

God has been teaching me a LOT about grace this past month. Usually His lessons are accompanied with ample opportunities as well. ;)
It seems like every day, almost every hour, there is a person or situation that requires me being gracious and patient. And boy to I fail often! But it has been so neat to see God giving me the extra strength when I mess up so miserably. I can start to see the times that I would have been exasperated and annoyed, but instead I chose grace. Only by the grace of God!... Which brings me to my next thought. How abundantly has Christ shown me grace! Me, a wretched, hopeless sinner. I mess up so much, and sin left and right. Yet he chooses to forgive and gives me His unending grace. Since he has given me so much of what I don't deserve (willingly and freely), how much more can I show that grace to others? It's so easy to get annoyed when people are dramatic, slow, or just being incredibly hard to deal with. But that is when God gently taps me on the shoulder and says, "Remember?"
HOW COULD I FORGET! How dumb of me. And then I am reminded of how gracious Christ has been to me. It doesn't come naturally, but I pray that I can selflessly extend it to others.
I'm just a sinner hopelessly drowning in an ocean of grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]