Thursday, October 23, 2014

just jump.


My little neighbor is the cutest thing. She’s two, and she loves to tell everyone about it. I just love the mornings that I watch her. Her happiness is infectious! The more I play with her, the more I notice little things she does.

First of all, she’s a total gymnast. She twists, jumps, spins, flips, and dives all over the place. It’s adorable. As she is about to make a big jump from one ottoman or couch to another she yells to me “Hand! Hand!” in her cute little voice. That’s my cue to come over and hold her hand while she literally launches herself from the platform and completely goes for it. It doesn’t matter that her destination is really far down or too wide to jump across. She just does it because she knows I’ve got her hand. She makes it, smiles up at me, and does it again.

This simple act of trust got me thinking. What if we relied on God like that? What if we looked up at God, grabbed his hand, and just jumped? It’s such a beautiful picture of child-like faith. This two year old believed with all her heart that if she was holding my hand, she was safe. She knew she would get to where she wanted to go.  It really inspired me. I think sometimes I come up with reasons why I can’t trust God or why I won’t be able to make the jump. It looks scary and I know I could fall. Why do I let myself believe that?! It would be so much easier for me to hold on to the One who will never let me go! He will never drop us! Sometimes we need faith like a child’s. Assurance of what God says He can do, and the faith to know that He will always go through with it. We never have to doubt or worry about the result. It may not be the exact destination you had in mind, but guess what? You got there. Christ got you there.

My question for you: What are you waiting for? What is holding you back from going for it? Look up. Grab His hand. Jump. Jump with confidence. Jump with reckless abandon if you want. If you’re holding His hand you will never fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]