While I like to focus on the positives in life, I can't pretend that life is all pixie dust and fairies.
Can I just be the voice that says, it's okay to not be okay?
It's okay to not have a picture perfect life. It's alright to struggle. It's okay to have doubts. Who hasn't? When sin entered the world, the battle began. Our human nature is so inherently flawed that it's woven into our very being. We are wretched, through and through. It would be completely stupid to pretend otherwise. Everyone has inward battles that no one sees. I love this quote I heard once. Paraphrased it says this, "It's okay to struggle with sin. We get into dangerous waters when we give up and stop fighting. As long as you're fighting back, you're winning." I never want to be there person that looks like I have it outwardly all together. Because inwardly, that is certainly not the case. I want to be a person of authenticity. Here I am, telling you that I sin and I struggle.
I'd just like to note; I am not in a serious battle of depression or anything like that (although I know people who are, and that is a very, very real thing that I take seriously). I'm here mostly for myself. To get over my pride. To be vulnerable. To tell you I am weak. The only ounce of strength in me is from Christ. When I am weak, He is strong. His power is made perfect in my weakness!
I love these lyrics in Laura Story's song Blessings.
"What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life, is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy?" Our greater thirst is for a Savior.
There's good news. If it weren't for sin, we wouldn't need a Savior! The picture of grace becomes that much more beautiful. We don't deserve a anything. We deserve death, actually. Praise Him for not leaving us there! He doesn't leave us in our struggles and sin. He picks us up, and gently gets us on our feet again. We have a King who knows us and loves us intimately. Because of our Savior, He sees us as righteous and perfect and holy! NOW FAM, THAT IS CRAZY. Sometimes I look at my life and just see shambles. I'm disgusted. But that's not the end! When we accept His death that paid the price for us, He gives us His robe of righteousness. He sees us as his child. What a glorious miracle!
It's okay to not be perfect. Why? Because we are loved, saved, rescued and freed by One who is. Jesus Christ. Walk in the light of that freedom today! Our chains are gone. We've been set free.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]