We look up and realize that acceptance is the drug we're addicted to; can't get enough, it's always just a little more.
All of a sudden, we look up;
how did we get here?
All of a sudden, we look up;
how did we get here?
When did this perfection become our obsession?
Now we're never good enough, fast enough, pretty enough. It's more, more, more. Before we know it- it's too late. We forget that the only opinion that matters is the Man's who died on a tree. His blood shed for us means we're free. Free from the lies that Satan feeds us, free from the ugly words people tell us.
ITS ALL A LIE.
The fact is, there's a better way.
One that doesn't need a cool status or cute picture to boost our esteem. It's stepping back, stepping away, and looking up. Fam, there's a better way! Seeking love and approval from your so called "friends" on a virtual world, how about being radically loved by the breather of stars? I don't know about you, but I'll take the ladder.
One that doesn't need a cool status or cute picture to boost our esteem. It's stepping back, stepping away, and looking up. Fam, there's a better way! Seeking love and approval from your so called "friends" on a virtual world, how about being radically loved by the breather of stars? I don't know about you, but I'll take the ladder.
It seems hard, I know. I've been there. I AM there. But let go, release your tightly clenched hands. There is a God who died for YOU. And that's enough. Enough approval. Enough worth. he is enough to satisfy your soul's deepest longing. Because when you're longing to be accepted you're inwardly longing for something more- may I pose the question that it could be some ONE that you desire? He picks up the broken shards of our life and masterfully pieces them back together. The lies stand no chance in the shadow of the cross. Can I leave you with this?
You are enough. Your King died so you could live. You are enough, just because you're His.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]