Tuesday, July 7, 2015

the present.

Hello, world.
Fifty one quick days, and my next ship sets sail for college.
How is that even possible? My whole life I've thought of what being a college student would be like… and now it's knocking at my door.
My roommate and residence hall are official. I have a dorm number. I'm thinking about what needs to be bought and packed. I'm working 2 jobs, saving saving saving! It's like a climax- a mountain top- the last 18 years have been leading to the day that I open the door, take a deep breathe, and begin to walk. The past is a fond thing, the future is exciting, but the present is beautiful. It's here. It's now. And it can never be redone. Thank you, God. Thank you for teaching me how to become more like you, even though my attempts fail daily. Thank you for teaching me about love, trust, and selflessness.
I can't wait for the day the when my countdown, anticipations, and excitement becomes the present. When all that I've looked ahead to becomes reality. 

Until then, I'll just take life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]