You know what I don't like?
Being vulnerable. Or being humble.
They both require me getting off my high horse, looking around, and realizing that I am not the center of the universe (which at times is easier said than done, haha).
This past week I've been thinking about some things, and decided to go to a friend or two to ask for prayer. I love getting prayed for, but sometimes asking can be difficult. I have to be vulnerable enough to say, "Ya know what? I actually would like prayer for this." As Christians we have access to an all powerful God, who is longing for us to come before Him! So why not just ask people to pray for you?
If I may, I'd like to encourage you with some scripture, right out of Philippians 2. This passage is the ultimate example of Christ's humility. What better example of that than Jesus Himself! Here it is: "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedienct to the point of death, even death on a cross!" (#whattheheck #thatisinsanelyawesome)
I cannot find a better example of humility than that. Jesus Christ, humbling Himself to the point of death on a tree. Gives me chills. Turns out, I don't have it so bad after all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]