Lately I've found myself thumbing through the pages, rereading the underlined portions. I've discovered a verse or section in almost every chapter that relates to my day exactly. #GoGod :)
Last night I was really feeling burnt out from taking the ACT (incredibly mind draining). The thought of getting up really early and doing more testing again was not on my list of top 10 things I wanted to do. Anyways, I was flipping through Psalms and came across one of my favorite verses. Chapter 51:12 says "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." This past week has been so consumed with tests and other things, that I haven't been "feeling" the joy or passion of my salvation. It's hard to have joy when you don't have strength. It's natural to have busy periods in life, and your walk with God isn't has passionate as you'd like it to be. You find yourself running out of time in the day; 24 hours just doesn't seem like enough to get it all done. But last night, it was like Jesus placed a gem in my lap. All day I've been repeating these words:
Restore to me the joy of your salvation.
There is so much joy found in Christ! While it's not always downhill, that does not change that fact that He is perfect and good. I try to be in constant communication with God throughout the day, even if its just thinking or saying a few words to Him. I haven't heard Him speak audibly in return, but every time I open the Word I find new answers. It like He's telling me, "Keep asking questions, because every answer you could ever need is already there."
Abiding in Christ connects us to his joy and strength. Come to the well and drink! In his presence is fullness of joy.

the Hillsong song, "Christ is enough" has a line that I never knew was from the Psalms relating to the joy of our salvation! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete