Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lights, Camera... Show Time!

It's that time of year again!
In just one week from tomorrow, we open our musical, Titanic, for the first time! There is something so magical about theater. Bright lights, intricate costumes, stage make up, and a crowd full of hundreds people; performing on stage gives you a surge of adrenaline. It takes hundreds of hours, hard work, tears, smiles, focus, determination, and a lot of effort to pull something this large off. But every year, it comes together. And it's so worth it. 
By the way, tickets are at hpami.org It's going to be great!!!
One of the greatest pleasures in theater (for a Believer, that is) is knowing who you are actually performing for. I don't get on that stage for a laugh or a huge applause, even though that is a great feeling. I don't dance so that everyone can see how great I am. I do it for an Audience of One, Jesus! My hope and prayer is that through my performance, I can reflect and point others to Him. Not myself, but One that is so much greater than I. In the buzz of excitement, its so easy to focus on us. How awesome our show was. How great the dance was. How fabulous the finale went. The standing ovation. But if that's all there is... we will come away empty. It just won't satisfy. Cheers and applause only last so long. But giving praise and glory to God- that will last forever! Christ has gifted each and every person with talents and abilities. Right now it's easy for me to apply that to the theater setting. But really, it applies everywhere! People, we are so blessed. Don't just talk about giving Him the glory- actually do it! Let every area of your life point to Him! We have so much that we can use in our lives that can direct others to Christ. Wouldn't it be amazing if our gifts helped lead someone to Jesus? I can just hear Him saying "That is exactly why I gave you that gift." What an incredible day that would be. How will you use your platform to perform for our Audience of One?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]