Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I am an Ambassador.

You know what blows my mind? Well, a lot of things actually, like the cordless telephone, and underwater hotels.

But the specific example I was thinking of is a little different. It's this: I am an ambassador. According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary, it's defined as: an authorized representative or messenger. The part that gets me every time is the "representative". I am embodying, and symbolizing someone. That is Jesus Christ. MAN. Let that sink in for a sec. I (and every other follower of Christ) am representing the Most High King, Creator, and Master of the entire universe. Ah okay that's nice. Um, WOW.

This is no small responsibility. And it's incredible to me that God chose us to represent Him. And not only is it a responsibility, but a privilege! 2 Corinthians 5:20 says, "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." If that isn't cool, I don't know what is. It's as though God is making his appeal through us. This makes me want to do my job as well as I possibly can. I am representing Jesus- does that transfer over into my life? At school? On the soccer field? In Target?

It's something to think about, that's for sure. We have been given this amazing responsibility, privilege. How are you going to represent the King?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate feedback. :]